Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Favorite Web 2.0 Tools

Web 2.0 tools is web-based meaning that your software and files can be retrieved from where ever and whenever. So you don't have to have your own personal computer with you to access your files. There are various applications that one can use, from word processing to presentations. The possibilities are endless. As an educator this will be a great tool. I can create and or retrieve my software and files where ever I get my inspiration so that I may be constantly updating and implementing the technology in my classroom. This tool will definately cut time and hopefully stress.



One of the tools that I browsed was Scribbler. This tool is a interactive white board that you can use as a collaboration tool for brainstorming with co-workers or other educators from another city, state or even country. Scribblar offers a great way to use live audio, chat, uploading, and sharing and learning tools.
The second tools that I browsed is the TokBox. TokBox is a audio/video recording tool. The possibilities are endless with this tool. You are able to send video emails, post interviews or resume bio, post a speech and you can host a video conference with up to 20 people. I can definately see my self using this tool with my classroom. I can envision my students posting their speeches and having video conferences with other classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment